God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow ... And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Philippians 2:9-11

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Jesus Take Us As We Are

This is a song that we used to sing with a bunch of us that lived together in a neighborhood and just spend time together loving the Lord. It is from about 25 years ago, and we learned it from brothers and sisters that were living the same way in Britian.


Jesus take me as I am

For I can come no other way

Take me deeper into you

Make my flesh life melt away

Make me like a precious stone

Chrystal clear and finely honed

Life of Jesus shining through

Giving glory back to you



I wish I had the music to upload so you could listen to it, but the words speak for themselves.

We also used to change it around sometimes and make it 'us' and not only individual. Either way it was very moving to all of us.

Gary

No comments:

Post a Comment